ICT30120 Certificate III in Information Technology
About this Qualification
This qualification focuses on basic cyber security and awareness.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who are competent in a range of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) roles, basic cyber awareness, digital media skills, generalist IT support services, networking, programming, systems.
Individuals who work in these fields apply broad sets of skills, including foundational knowledge in critical thinking and customer service skills, to support a range of technologies, processes, procedures, policies, people and clients in a variety of work contexts.
Participants will learn the skills and knowledge required to manage cyber security risks, threat assessments, incident responses and to promote best work practices.
Units of Competency
- BSBCRT301 Develop and extend critical and creative thinking skills
- BSBXCS303 Securely manage personally identifiable information and workplace information
- BSBXTW301 Work in a team
- ICTICT313 Identify IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
- ICTPRG302 Apply introductory programming techniques
- ICTSAS305 Provide ICT advice to clients
- BSBXCS301 Protect own personal online profile from cyber security threats
- BSBXCS402 Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- BSBXCS403 Contribute to cyber security threat assessments
- BSBXCS404 Contribute to cyber security risk management
- BSBXCS405 Contribute to cyber security incident responses
- ICTCLD301 Evaluate characteristics of cloud computing solutions and services
Delivery & Duration
Blend of self-paced learning combined with online and face-to-face workshops.
Sessions are conducted once a month and are delivered as follows:
4 day online via zoom
5 day face-to-face classroom
You cannot attend module 2 without completing module 1.
Eligible candidates can commence the online component of the training at any time.
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning