PSP40316 Certificate IV in Government Security (Personnel Vetting)
About this Qualification
This qualification allows for the attainment of occupational specific competencies for those working in operational roles undertaking government security related functions, with a particular focus on meeting the ethical and legislative requirements of the public service. It is suitable for individuals who need to apply a broad range of specialised knowledge and skills in specific contexts within the security environment.
The personnel vetting specialisation covers the skills required for working without supervision within a personal security area.
Units of Competency
- PSPETH007 Uphold and support the values and principles of the public service
- PSPLEG006 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPSEC024 Handle sensitive information
Personnel vetting Specialisation Units
- PSPSEC023 Conduct personnel security assessments
- PSPGEN140 Use advanced workplace communication strategies
- PSPGEN133 Identify and treat risks
- PSPGEN111 Apply government processes
- PSPREG039 Gather information through interviews
- PSPGEN141 Compose complex workplace documents
- BSBWHS311 Assist with maintaining workplace safety
- PSPREG042 Receive and validate data
- PSPGEN105 Gather and analyse information
- PSPGEN090 Engage with stakeholders
- PSPCRT029 Compile and use official notes
Max time allocated: 2 years
Average completion: 8 months
Blend of self-paced online learning complimenting an intensive five-day scenario-based workshop.
Eligible candidates can commence the online component of the training at any time.
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or apply for a course