PSP40416 Certificate IV in Government Investigations
About this Qualification
Officers primarily engaged as investigators need to hold the PSP40416 Certificate IV in Government Investigations which was released in March 2016.
This qualification is designed for officers working in operational roles undertaking government investigation related functions, with a particular focus on meeting the ethical and legislative requirements of the public service. The qualification covers the broad range of skills required to operate without supervision in a government investigations environment.
Participants learn the skills and knowledge required to plan, initiate, conduct and finalise an investigation.
Units of Competency
- PSPETH002 Uphold and support the values and principles of public service
- PSPINV001 Plan and initiate an investigation
- PSPINV002 Conduct an investigation
- PSPINV003 Finalise an investigation
- PSPREG003 Apply regulatory powers
- PSPREG012 Gather information through interviews
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPREG004 Promote client compliance
- PSPREG010 Prepare a brief of evidence
- PSPFRU001 Monitor Data for indicators for Fraud
- PSPCRT007 Compile and use official notes
- PSPREG006 Produce a formal record of interview
- PSPPCY004 Support policy implementation
- PSPREG005 Assess compliance
Candidates have the option to combine this qualification with the following qualification:
PSP40416 Certificate IV in Government Investigations (Regulatory compliance)
The regulatory compliance specialisation covers the skills required by those responsible for ensuring statutory compliance with the requirements of legislation, regulations and organisational policy.
In order to combine this qualification with the standard PSP40416 Certificate IV in Government Investigations, candidates must complete these additional units:
- PSPREG017 Undertake compliance audits
- PSPREG015 Receive and validate data
This course requires the completion of extra online study and costs an additional $300.
Certificate IV in Government Investigations
Certificate IV in Government Investigations (Regulatory compliance)
Funded training may be available under: User Choice
Max time allocated: 2 years
Average completion: 8 months
Blend of self-paced online learning combined with a five-day face-to-face workshop.
Eligible candidates can commence the online component of the training at any time.
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or apply for a course