PSP50316 Diploma of Government Security
CPP50619 Diploma of Security Risk Management
About this Qualification
This program is a combination of the qualifications PSP50316 Diploma of Government Security and CPP50619 Diploma of Security Risk Management.
It is suitable for individuals who need to apply integrated technical and theoretical concepts in a broad range of contexts to undertake advanced skilled duties in a government security environment. The program is also suitable for those who provide specialist advice on strategies to mitigate risk to people, property and assets including crowded places, as defined by Australia’s Strategy for Protecting Crowded Places from Terrorism (2017). Security risk consultants operating at this level work with a high level of autonomy to assess the current threat environment, assess risk management options, and prepare and implement security risk management plans and communication systems to respond to active threats.
The legislated entry requirement for the program is that the candidate must hold
- CPP40707 Certificate IV in Security and Risk Management, or
- CPP40719 Certificate IV in Security Management, or
- CPP41519 Certificate IV in Security Risk Analysis
Units of Competency
- PSPSEC011 Assess security risks
- PSPSEC012 Develop security risk management plans
- PSPSEC013 Implement and monitor security risk management plans
- PSPGEN101 Use complex workplace communication strategies
- PSPGEN106 Undertake research and analysis
- PSPSEC014 Coordinate protective security
- CPPSEC5003 Assess security risk management options
- CPPSEC5005 Implement security risk management plans
- PSPETH008 Promote the values and ethos of public service
- PSPLEG007 Promote compliance with legislation in the public sector
- BSBWHS521 Ensure a safe workplace
- CPPSEC5004 Develop security risk management plans
- CPPSEC5009 Implement communication systems to respond to active threats
- CPPSEC5008 Analyse threat environment and devise strategies to respond to active
PSP50316 & CPP50619
Delivery & Duration
Blend of self-paced online learning combined with an intensive five-day face-to-face workshop.
Eligible candidates can commence the online component of the training at any time.
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning