DEF40217 Certificate IV in Intelligence Operations
About this Qualification
This qualification allows for the attainment of competencies in Defence intelligence operations including personnel working in operational roles, and undertaking and leading intelligence operations in a Defence or similar government environment.
Australian Forensic Services is the only RTO providing training/assessments in this qualification.
Participants learn the skills and knowledge required to plan, initiate, lead and finalise intelligence operations in context to their workplace.
AFS will only be offering training in this qualification to groups employed by the Department of Defence, the Australian Border Force, the Attorney General’s Department, State/Territory law enforcement agencies and similar bodies.
Units of Competency
- DEFINT001 Supervise intelligence operations
- DEFINT002 Plan and lead a counter-surveillance operation
- DEFGEN007 Conduct risk assessment in a Defence environment
- PSPGEN105 Gather and analyse information
- PUACOM007 Liaise with other organisations
- BSBWRT411 Write complex documents
- BSBWHS311 Assist with maintaining workplace safety
- PSPINV001 Plan and initiate an investigation
- PSPINV004 Conduct an investigation
- PSPINV003 Finalise an investigation
- DEFGEN003 Lead a team
- PSPGEN138 Organise workplace information
- BSBPMG428 Apply project life cycle management processes
- PSPPMG430 Undertake project work
Based on student numbers and contextulisation to workplace framework requirements.
Max time allocated: 2 years
Average completion: 8 months
Blend of self-paced online learning complementing an intense five-day scenario-based workshop.
Conducted by contracted arrangement.