PSP40316 Certificate IV in Government Security
About this Qualification
This qualification allows for the attainment of occupational specific competencies for those working in operational roles undertaking government security related functions, with a particular focus on meeting the ethical and legislative requirements of the public service. It is suitable for individuals who need to apply a broad range of specialised knowledge and skills in specific contexts within the security environment.
Units of Competency
- PSPETH002 Uphold and support the values and principles of public service
- PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPSEC009 Handle sensitive information
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- PSPGEN038 Identify and treat risks
- PSPGEN043 Apply government processes
- PSPGEN033 Use advanced workplace communication strategies
- PSPGEN034 Compose complex workplace documents
- PSPPCY004 Support policy implementation
- PSPSEC005 Undertake government security risk analysis
- PSPSEC006 Implement security risk treatments
- PSPSEC007 Develop and advise on government security procedures
- PSPSEC010 Provide government security briefings
- PSPSEC015 Communicate security awareness
This qualification is achieved in combination of the CPP41519 Certificate IV in Security Risk Analysis course.
CPP41519 Certificate IV in Security Risk Analysis
This qualification is for security risk analysts who apply technical security and operations expertise in a risk management environment. Security risk analysts understand the current threat environment and assess risk and advise clients on strategies to ensure the protection of electronic security systems and people and property in crowded places, as defined by Australia’s Strategy for Protecting Crowded Places from Terrorism (2017).
Please note that you will receive TWO qualifications
Max time allocated: 2 years
Average completion: 8 months
Blend of self-paced online learning combined with a five-day face-to-face workshop.
Eligible candidates can commence the online component of the training at any time.
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or apply for a course