PSP50316 Diploma of Government Security
About this Qualification
This qualification cover the competencies required for independent and self-directed work in the public sector as a practitioner in government security management. It is suitable for individuals who need to apply integrated technical and theoretical concepts in a broad range of contexts to undertake advanced skilled duties in a government security environment.
Developing a Security Culture
Under the Protective Security Framework (PSPF), departments and agencies need to foster a professional culture and a positive attitude towards protective security. To fulfil this security obligation, a member of the Senior Executive Service must be appointed as the Security Executive, responsible for the agency protective security policy and oversight of protective security practices. The PSP50316 Diploma of Government Security gives the Security Executive the skills needed to apply integrated technical and theoretical concepts to undertake advanced skilled duties in a government security environment.
Units of Competency
- PSPETH003 Promote the values and ethos of public service
- PSPLEG003 Promote compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPSEC011 Assess security risks
- PSPSEC012 Develop security risk management plans
- PSPSEC013 Implement and monitor security risk management plans
- PSPSEC014 Coordinate protective security
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- PSPGEN054 Use complex workplace communication strategies
- PSPGEN058 Coordinate risk management
- PSPGEN044 Develop client services
- PSPGEN046 Undertake research and analysis
This qualification is achieved in combination of the CPP50619 Diploma of Security Risk Management course.
CPP50619 Diploma of Security Risk Management
This is a qualification for security risk consultants who provide specialist advice on strategies to mitigate risk to people, property and assets including crowded places, as defined by Australia’s Strategy for Protecting Crowded Places from Terrorism (2017).
Please note that you will receive TWO qualifications.
Max time allocated: 2 years
Average completion: 8 months
Blend of self-paced online learning combined with an intensive five-day face-to-face workshop.
Eligible candidates can commence the online component of the training at any time.
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or apply for a course